Do you want to be tested for COVID-19?
Not everyone needs to be tested. Testing is available only under certain circumstances:
- First, contact your healthcare provider in advance to determine if you need to have an in-person visit with your provider. If you do not have a healthcare provider, call the nearest healthcare provider to see if you should come in or remain at home.
- Your provider will determine over the phone whether you meet the criteria for COVID-19 testing.
- If your provider directs you to come in for a screening, bring a photo ID and your provider’s order.
- Your provider will take a swab for testing.
- The specimen will be sent to a private or state lab for the results. During this time, you are expected to self-quarantine at home until the test results are available, which could be up to 3 to 4 days.
- If you are healthy or experiencing mild to moderate flu-like symptoms, DOH urges you to stay at home and avoid an unnecessary visit to a screening site. The screening sites are only for those who are severely ill with COVID-19 symptoms.
Please note that conditions are changing rapidly and testing options may change.
Thank you for your kōkua and understanding.
OʻAHU COVID-19 SCREENING
KAUAʻI COVID-19 SCREENING SITES
MAUI COVID-19 SCREENING SITES